Re: the time I blew off tech

To: Nick England <nick@cs.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: the time I blew off tech
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 10:32:29 -0400
Nick England wrote:
> In truth, I think we all greatly appreciate the volunteers who make it
> possible for us to go play in traffic - the tech inspectors,
> corner workers, timing & scoring, etc. Don't forget to wave on your
> cool down lap and to thank them whenever you can.
> Remember the corner worker motto, "No Wave, No Save."

Having contibuted to the "amusing stories about track workers" let me be
one of the first to support Nick's very valid note about appreciating
track workers - it's they who make it possible for us to race.

I wave on the cool down lap for two reasons - 1 - to thank them - 2 - to
enjoy eye contact with them - they are just as human as we are.

Derek