Re: Vintage Racer: what car to buy?

To: Jim Froula <stingray@foxinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage Racer: what car to buy?
From: mhenry <mhenry@uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:56:24 -0700
> > Driving a LOTUS does take you a step higher in the snob appeal league,
> > however.  Although most of my Ferrari friends are embarassed to have the
> > LOTUS guys even bus their tables....so you're still haven't MADE IT yet!!!
> > But your a darn site closer than if you had a 510 or Sprite (sorry Datsun
> and
> > AH/MG drivers!!...but sometimes the truth hurts)!!
> >
> > OK...spam away again...
> >
> > Myles H. Kitchen
> > 1965 LOTUS Cortina Mk1 #128

Miles,
Snob appeal?   Come to think of it,  there was a Lotus 51 at Steamboat, the
pit-person ORDERED (very loudly) some friends to move their (Brabham F-2)
racecar out of the way, they were moving a LOTUS........   Amazing how sound
carries.
Ok, so you find them in every crowd.  But the posers I've known don't usually
last long with whatever they have, for the reason you mentioned, and others.
Actually I've witnessed more snobs in Pugeot, Citroen, Saab, among others. Go
figure.  (oh boy, are the rally masters listening?). Maybe I'm not paying
enough attention, kinda on purpose.
Pretty tough to be a snob laying on the ground with that Lotus whatchamacallit
leaking Castrol all over your arms, at least if the car falls on you it just
makes you mad.

Pick something with a looooong name, Winkelmann rules! At least you can move
the "e" around and very few know for sure how to spell it anyway.

Mike Henry, Lotus land