home built specials

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: home built specials
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 00:24:13 -0000
owning an h-modified sports racer and being a member of joe puckett's h-mod
over the hill gang has given me an interest in 50's and 60's one off cars.
mine is a cpoy of an elva mk6 chassis with a begra body using saab
suspension and 750gt driveline in a mid engine configuration.  the
creativeness of the builders in what is sometimes very safe and extremly
competitive and in other cases "you would not catch me in that thing" has
never failed to amaze me!  the whatizzit special prompted me to mention my
interest in these one off types of cars(even though i believe that one is a
contemporary fabrication).  since few of these cars exist today in their
original form due to constant up dating from year to year to acomodate rule
changes i am always interested in hearing from other owners of home built
period specials.
by the way my father built the car i now own and he is amazed anything of it
still existed after his selling it in 1969.  it did require a total
restoration when i bought it's remains back a few years ago.  it needs some
sorting out in the handling department.   so for now i am completing a 1960
saab sedan for this year(much easier to sort out for now).  as of now i am
trying to get finished by beginning of may(finance willing!).  hope to see
some of you at the track this year!

saab sedan, black #8 (the magic 8 ball)
chuck
cfchrist@earthlink.net