Re: Myles vs Formula cars

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Myles vs Formula cars
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:35:34 -0800
Myles only feels that way because he drives a slab-sided 4-door sedan
that ought to be carrying groceries. ;=)

What I'd like to suggest is that the open wheel group be divided in two
along the lines of speed potential and the two groups made to alternate
events. With lower speed differentials, you lessen the likelihood of
serious incidents. With fewer cars in the group, you make it easier to
figure out who the real miscreants are, then get them back on their
trailers. There were so many cars on the track, the corner workers were
overloaded trying to figure out who the offenders were. There were some
real bone-headed maneuvers out there. The one about starting to race
without seeing a green flag still blows me away. That should have been
a black flag all and restart situation.

Simon