Re: La Dawri Body

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: La Dawri Body
From: EeeMCee@cs.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 02:37:09 EDT
In a message dated 05/14/2000 11:05:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:

<< What is the background of the La Dawri?...I believe it is a 50s California
 product. >>
I also have a LaDawri. For the others that are interested, The body came out
in 59-60, it looks at first glace like a customised Corvette they came in
several different wheelbases with 90" minimum, mine is about 104". the body
came somewhat more complete than for instance the Devin. the La Dawri came in
several models with the main difference being the grille area. They either
offered or planned to offer a complete rolling chassis.
Mine was once roadraced in the Central Vally with chev mechanicals.
If anyone needs a picture, I can attach one to an Email
Michael @ Toad Manor