Re: VIR Homecoming Gold Cup Races

To: AMQJR@aol.com
Subject: Re: VIR Homecoming Gold Cup Races
From: Stan Vann <svann@schoollink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 08:02:49 -0400
Alex,
  We're really looking forward to this event. In fact, ever since I first heard
about VIR's rebirth, over a year and a half ago, I've been planning on how to be
involved. This including joining SVRA, and beginning my vintage racing
experience. I've had a great time already and meet so many interesting people.
VIR was the sight of the first  race I ever attended ; the 1971 IMSA, I later
found out this was the  first IMSA event. Later in 1987, I was able to obtain a
Caldwell D-9 formula ford, which I autocrossed and hillclimbed for 12 years. In
looking at it's original log book, I discovered that VIR was the first venue for
the Caldwell as well. So you see why I am looking forward to this so much.

See you there,

Stan Vann