Re: Triumphs and roll overs

To: Jari Tabell <jari.tabell@pp.inet.fi>,
Subject: Re: Triumphs and roll overs
From: "Christopher H.Kang, MD" <chkangmd@qnis.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:09:59 -0700
I've never heard of this failure on the lotuses (the front triumph  vertical
link is
used on the europa and elan). In the photos it looks like the trunion is not
being
supported by the link, but by only the threads. Is that where "they" break?
The bend
looks like a sideways stress is being applied. Would that point to too sticky
tires
and increased side loads for the design (I'm a doctor, not an engineer,Jim-Star
Trek)??

christopher

TC europa