Re: Tow vehicles again

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow vehicles again
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:09:21 -0600
Henry:

We have been towing with a 97 E350 window van with a V10 for four seasons and
it is great!  At least in Iowa and surrounding states without BIG hills.  Put
it in drive, set the cruise, and relax.  I have mileage records since it was
new (currently 62K) and we seem to average about 9 mpg towing with the air
on.
Variance in mileage is caused by speed (65-75) and wind.

Van is about 6500 lbs. and we tow an enclosed 24 ft. Haulmark with tools,
Stuff, and an RT5 that weighs about 1080 lbs.

Have never owned any tow vehicles except Fords so I can't comment on any
others.

BTW  In 62K miles, the only costs have been tires, oil and gas.  Been very
happy.

Just one opinion.

Greg Scharnberg
Des Moines, IA