Re: TOWING

To: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Subject: Re: TOWING
From: Jeff Brown <jeffb49@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:35:46 -0800 (PST)
When I was traveling back and forth between
Philadelphia (college) and Pittsburgh (home) in the
'60s, I found that I could get AMAZING gas mileage in
my Corvair Spyder if I tucked down in behind a big
Greyhound bus at about 65-70 mph, and about 6 feet
from the rear bumper.  It was also very quiet.  I
always flashed my lights as I went in behind them, and
I ALWAYS, ALWAYS woke up my rightseat pasenger before
I did this, to avoid near-fatal flailing around and
screaming if they awoke from a deep sleep while we
were drafting like this!!!

Jeff Brown
--- lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com> wrote:
> My best results with wind problems is to tuck right
> up under a BIG semi
> running around 65 to 70.  At 10 feet or so I can
> back off to about half
> the throttle normally needed to run that fast.
>
> Bugs the shit out of the driver in front till he
> finally figures out you
> know what you are doing.
>
> L.D.

=====