Open Wheel cars in VDCA

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Open Wheel cars in VDCA
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 22:42:03 EST
To all:

    The VDCA season gets underway this weekend at Kershaw, SC. and we are
already looking ahead to the next event at Virginia International Raceway
(VIR), April 20-22.  Beginning with our VIR event, VDCA will accept all
Monoposto "Classic" open wheel cars.  These include all the non-winged,
treaded tire cars:  Formula 1, 2, & 3, Formula B & C, and Formula Fords
through '72.  If you are the owner of one of these fine machines, circle your
calendar for that weekend and make plans to run the full course at this
challenging track.
    Another change to the VDCA eligibility requirements is that production
cars previously had cut-offs of 1967 or 1969 (depending on which group).  The
eligibility cut-off for all production cars will now be 12/31/72.

    If you did not participate in a VDCA event last year, our April event at
VIR is your next opportunity to sample our brand of vintage racing fun.  You
will find reasonable entry fees, no charge for enduros and a guarantee of 1
hour or more of track time each day.  After putting a lot of quality miles on
our cars, we like to do some quality partying.      In addition to the great
value that VDCA gives you with track time and parties, you have the
opportunity to race at the finest, most challenging road racing facility in
the country.  This is a bold statement, but I have raced on all the great
tracks east of the Mississippi and none holds a candle to VIR.  The physical
facilities are immaculate, The paddock is spacious with an ample supply of
electrical hook-ups.  The covered grid is a brilliant touch that you won't
find anywhere else.  All of this set in the beautiful, rolling hills of
Southern Virginia.
    The track itself is almost beyond description.  3.27 miles with two long
straights, 3 different sets of esses, the distinctive "Oak Tree turn" and
more elevation change than Road Atlanta.  The downhill esses at VIR are a
challenge beyond anything you have seen at any other track.

    Make plans to join us at VIR April 20-22, you will not be disappointed!
If you have any questions about this event or VDCA, e-mail me at
S800Racer@aol.com

    Doug Meis - Small Displacement Group rep for VDCA