Re: Elva brake drums

To: AMQJR@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Elva brake drums
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:55:31 EST
In a message dated 15/03/01 11:00:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, AMQJR@aol.com
writes:

> Anybody know what front suspension was used on an Elva Mk3  ? I need a set
> of
> alfin drums and hope someone knows where they came from. they are 10"
> inside
> and 2.5" shoe width. The same came on the front of my Elva Spyder.

My best guess is Lockheed as fitted to Triumph TR3 before they went discs and
switcjed to Girling. The shoes should be 10" x 2 1/4".
Anything else I can think of (Riley, Austin) would be 9 x 2 or 2.5.

The old shoe number was 869A - I might still have a set made out of fade free
material - look like compressed steel wool!

Bill Spohn