7/10's

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: 7/10's
From: WMW79@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:41:43 EST
I don't understand all this talk about 7/10's. I, personally, try to get
everything I can out of my car and myself (short of making contact with other
cars ) and I'm disappointed if I don't at least match my previous best lap
times. And, I don't notice anybody getting out of my way so that I can  run
away from the pack. Without this approach you have no way the gage improvment
in driving skills or car preparation which is the only thing that makes
racing interesting to me. At 7/10's you are just a spectator, though it is a
good seat to see most of the other cars at different parts of the course.
I like the idea of vintage specials. The only drawback that I see in vintage
racing is that you can't build your own car.
Bill Watkins