Re: NYC Lotus-related things to do?

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NYC Lotus-related things to do?
From: Michael Frank <mfrank@westnet.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 14:07:13 -0400
Not sure if I'd suggest subjecting kids to the Ferrari meet, but if do
decide to drop by Cunningham, the proprietor is Larry Black. Call first
(888 733-3687) and make sure he's there to show you around. Coincidentally,
you can find them at coordinates C-4 of the Rand McNally map of
Connecticut. To get an idea of what you'd see, here's a humorous page I put
together:

http://www.jtc-nj.com/AdventureatLimerock.html

Rhinebeck Aerodrome is terrific, lots of old planes and cars, but I think
they only have shows on Saturday and Sunday  afternoons. Here's their link:

http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/

If you stop off at Kent Bain's, you can see my Jaguar, it's being built in
the panel shop. Whoops...did you day August?....with a bit of luck, it will
be gone by then! He's in Stratford, CT, which is NOT on the way to
Limerock. Here's a link to his site:

http://www.automotiverestorations.com/

If you have the time, you might try the Gast Auto museum in Strasburg, PA.
It has a very nice collection, and it's right near Jim Thorpe, PA, where
they have many family attractions. It's also not too much further to Pocono
Raceway:

http://www.classicar.com/museums/gast/gast.htm

http://www.broadwayguesthouse.com/Things%20To%20Do.html

All of these places are well outside the city, like two hours there and
back. Not a good plan to try to get to them if all you have is a day and a
half...

Mike Frank
New York