Re: Race results, Sebring and Daytona

To: <cdoerge@bellatlantic.net>, <mcobine@earthlink.net>, <alfasun@esslink.com>
Subject: Re: Race results, Sebring and Daytona
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 14:45:16 -0400
I own the Sprite, 41st in 1960 Sebring. John Sprinzel and John Lumkin listed
as drivers. I think they'd both be surprised to find they are listed as being
Americans! I cannot verify the number of laps etc as being correct, since this
is first I'd seen of the order.

Roger

>>> "Susan" <alfasun@esslink.com> 07/05/01 01:47PM >>>
This is part of a web site known as "classicscars.com" which has no address,
no phone, and is run by someone named "bob" (and now we have "bruce.") It's
really apparently a guy named Phillippe.
They published false information about a car I own and refused to retract it
when I asked. It is basically an internet used car lot and I have my
theories about why they would bad mouth other people's cars.
The results lists (and car serial number lists, for that matter) are simply
cribbed from other published works and if there were errors (certainly not
unheard of in many books)  they were passed along. I have also seen some
emails from others complaining about inaccurate results but can't be more
specific at the moment.
It is nice that this is out there but like I said, be cautious - the info,
as with any information like this, should be verified, if possible, by other
sources.
Susan