Re: Vintage race cars built today

To: <S800Racer@aol.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Vintage race cars built today
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:55:02 -0400
Doug,

I may even have the photos of Honda S600 & 800s that raced at Mid-Ohio in the
60s and 70s. I think one was still racing in the early 80s. They were cute and
though not winners, were competitive. They must be out there.

This does remind me that a few years ago, I considered building a H Mod from a
Berkeley shell and running gear, by mating it with a Coventry Climax 750cc FWM
and running the power through a rear mounted Fiat 600 transaxle. I still think
it would be neat, but I need another project like I need a hole in my head. I
reasoned that all parts were pre 1960 it might have been accepted by a group I
would have cared to race with. I'm sure it'd clear HSR, but then you could run
against all the hoards of 356's.

Roger