Re: Auto lift solution

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto lift solution
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:14:44 -0400
I'll throw my two cents worth in here.

I got lucky and caught an ad in the newspaper for a used lift. It's a
professional grade two poster. Placed it on my 3+ inch thick 3500#
reinforced concrete floor, pinned it in with rods epoxied in the slab. It
goes about 6 feet, and makes race car maintenance a joy.

The cons of this setup is it takes a couple minutes of fussing to get the
pads set just right, where the typical 4 poster you just drive up and lift
away. But the unobstructed access is worth it to me.

The 4 poster just seems too limiting to me.

I cashed in some favors of two friends who helped me pick it up and set it
up, and in the end it was pretty cheap, and worth all the agony.
Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net   -   TR4 #05
http://members.iconn.net/~thefryes/race/raceintro.html
"If it doesn't have four wheels, it isn't a sport!"