Re: Pedigree, etc

To: mcobine@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Pedigree, etc
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:37:18 EDT
In a message dated 07/19/2001 3:50:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mcobine@earthlink.net writes:

<< Who comes up with these rules? >>

Mike,

I have been puzzled by this too. I inherited a bunch of silly rules here at
SVRA and have seen some real whoppers at other places. It has taken me ten
years to cut through the BS and get at the real issues. Many times rule
makers have a personal bias and frequently were never "There" or have
forgotten a lot of the details. Mostly the intention is good but the goal is
not really defined. Seldom is the question "what are we trying to accomplish
here?" asked. And, once it is written somewhere it can take on life beyond
original intent. Then if you try to change it you really get the howls.

"Real Racing" rules are the same way.

Jack Woehrle