Re: MSD Pedigree, etc

To: hbahn@home.com
Subject: Re: MSD Pedigree, etc
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:51:46 -0500
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:57:51 -0400 "Henry Bahn" <hbahn@home.com> writes:
> Lemme kill 2 birds w/ one stone:
>
> 1.     I've never been able to keep a Petronix on a race motor
> without
> frying it in about 10 sec.  What's the secret to longevity with
> them?

Using the right coil.  Some coils will definitely fry them.  Lucas Sport
Coils are compatible, and Pertronix sells their own.

> PS:  I don't wear period correct jockey shorts under my nomex undies

That comes under the heading of "more information than we wanted to
know."  Please, no questions about "skid marks!"

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer