Re: Monterey problems

To: James Holland <james.holland@g-icap.com>
Subject: Re: Monterey problems
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:16:05 -0400
While change often causes some inconvenience for some your comment about
Silverstone is a bit like the local drama club complaining it can't
afford to put on their show on Broadway.

Just be thankful you have a dozen or more circuits (tracks) within 1/2
days travel in the UK.  Here in the eastern US we are blessed with some
great (and historic) tracks but they are often 1 to 2 days drive away.
And, yes, costs are going up - it's called supply and demand.
Derek

James Holland wrote:

>Sounds like the same sort of attitude we are up against in the U.K. with
>Octagon who have taken a 15 year lease on Silverstone thanks to Bernie
>giving them the GP to run and now small clubs find it totally uneconomic to
>put an event on.

///
///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list
///