Re: source for SCCA historical data?

To: <PaceCars@aol.com>, <timos@microsoft.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: source for SCCA historical data?
From: "Reynolds" <grant62@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 23:14:29 -0400
The roll bar number starts with the number of the Region where it had it's
original logbook inspection. You can find the region numbers on the SCCA web
site, and you can link to the region from there.  May not help, because
Regions mostly haven't saved records (which means passing them on from one
volunteer to another over the years) but some do and its a worthwhile place
to start. Also, If you connect with the region an email describing the car
and asking if anyone can help you with its origin/history might bring
results. One value of the graying of SCCA is that there are some long
memories out there, even if it's oral history instead of records.
Grant Reynolds