Re: survey: best sounding engine

To: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: survey: best sounding engine
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 21:21:56 -0500
<< What, in your opinion, are some of the best sounding
>  engines ever built?  >>

Well, we could always have a weekend party at our place and listen to
the 40 or so vinyl albums of sports car sounds of the 50s and 60s I just
acquired today from a dealer. I hope to find time over the next few
years to transfer them to CDs (or MP3s for the web!)
Did anybody else get hold of the "Sounds of Goodwood" CD by Nick Mason
distributed with one of the British vintage books last year? It was also
part of the Mason book on his cars for European (but not US)
distribution. The BRM V16 is the wildest sound...makes for great
listening in the car, except you sometimes get carried away and find
yourself going flat out down the front straight...
Jim

--
Jim Hayes
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.JimHayes.com/