Re: survey: best sounding engine

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: survey: best sounding engine
From: Stefanv@aol.com
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 09:53:17 EST
OK, so maybe not so much in the minority after all?

-STEFAN Vapaa   ...go figure

<9laser3@bright.net> wrote:
I had a SAAB 96, bored out to 805cc, Stage 2 pistons, polished intake and an
exhaust system made from Suzuki motorcross pipes into a 2.5 inch collector.  At
7000 RPMs it just screamed!  As much as I loved the sound of
it, the local police did not.  <SNIP>

<bob.schmitt@sainthood.com> wrote:
Yeah, I agree!  I had a 850GT long ago and really got to like it!

<Mike.Savin@nokia.com> wrote:
Hey, that's great!   I love 2-strokes too-- and that's a great
recording!

<TYLOTUS@aol.com> wrote:
I'm a little late on the best sounds BUT   I think Duck  Waddle and his Bobsy
earns a little recognition with his 850 cc Sabb.   Hey make me another Box of
Popcorn.

<cfchrist@earthlink.net> wrote:
a 2 stroke saab engine with a tuned straight pipe around 8,000 rpm.  but of
course i'm slightly biased?