Sprite for sale, testing the waters

To: "'vintage-race@autox.team.net'" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite for sale, testing the waters
From: Kendall F Jones <mrjones2@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:25:04 -0500
I've got a sprite I've been running in SCCA Club Racing (national), might
make a really good vintage car.  Here is a pic from the 2001 runoffs.

http://h-production-scca.com/h04-jpg.html

Car is a 1972 (RWA), might be an easy conversion to vintage specs.  Here
are some details on the car, feel free to email any questions.  I can get
plenty of current pics in the next few days.

Body -
All steel with fiberglass hood & decklid.  Rust free Texas body was dipped
to remove old paint & deadener

Cage -
Custom welded ultra safe cage designed for a big man (I'm 6'2", 220#).
 Pics of the cage when 1st assembled are here:

http://mrjones.1st.net/cage.htm

Originally designed as a 8 point Improved Touring cage, now has forward
bars & under dash bar.

suspension-
Levershocks all around, offset springs in the rear, race springs (550#) in
front.  Stock brakes F & R.  Front & rear bars. Wheels are revolutions (13X
5.5") with avon racing slicks

Driveline-
1275cc Limited Prep engine
11:1 compression, spvp4 cam, wet sump, stock head & carbs, rimflow valves,
alum flywheel.
aluminum radiator
Jack Knight ultra close ratio Dog engagement transmission
quaiffe & welded rear ends w/ double bearing hubs

Other stuff
aluminum dash w/ autometer gauges & stack tach
fire system, fuel cell, braided steel lines
fiberglass seat.
quick release momo steering wheel.

Has run 2 years as an IT car, and one year as production car, last raced in
the 2001 valvoline runoffs.  Built by me 3 years ago, the original owner.

Spare everything - stock trans, sc/cr gears, engine bits, carb bits,
suspension bits, 4 - 5" alloys, another 9 - 5.5" alloys, rear ratios, rain
tires, body parts, etc

I'm not advertising or anything, nor desperate to sell.  If I took $0.50 on
the dollar of what I've invested, I'd consider offers in the $8K range.  if
your looking for less investment, putting in a stock trans in & cutting the
spares would be around $6K (Jack Knight trans costs around $3K).  trades
might be considered, I'll listen.

Let me know if this is what anyones looking for.

Kendall Jones
mrjones2@ix.netcom.com
Detroit, MI