Re: most beautifull.

To: "Bruce Mansell" <bruce@rapidmachinery.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: most beautifull.
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:51:34 -0600
Hi Bruce -

We are not in disagreement at all. The Lotus Elite, "built primarily as a
road car" as you said, is without equal in that category (I'm assuming that
we can skip over Chapman's comments at the time as to its "real" purpose and
expected longevity). More than 30 years have passed since the Elite's
design, but nothing even close to its charm has appeared since.

I didn't mean to start a "most beautiful car" contest, so let me hasten to
add that anyone who wants to add Scarabs or D-Jaguars to the list will get
no argument from this quarter . . .

The only chasm between Bruce Mansell and I is that he HAS an Elite, and I
don't.

Yet.

Jim Hill