Re: H-modified 750cc class limit?

To: <JWoesvra@aol.com>, <pmeis@wfubmc.edu>
Subject: Re: H-modified 750cc class limit?
From: Doug Meis <s800racer@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:28:12 -0500
on 3/25/02 9:46 AM, JWoesvra@aol.com at JWoesvra@aol.com wrote:

> AND, this has been in the works for several years so we aren't COPYING anyone
> except SCCA and the ARRC. Doug and VDCA have added a nice touch to their year
> end race, but this is not that.
>
> Jack Woehrle

    For the record, I am not concerned as to whether or not the new Vintage
Road Race of Champions (VRRC) was conceived independently of VDCA's Vintage
National Championship races.
    I am excited about this new event and pleased that Jack and Historic
Motorsports Holdings (HMH) are stepping up to the plate and attempting to
create a big league vintage racing event with rules "based on period correct
concepts."
    Jack is also correct in saying that the two championships are not quite
the same.  VDCA's event is a part of our three day event at Savannah in
December and will remain low key in comparison to a 4-7 day event with
400-500 cars.  VDCA's Vintage National Championship should be a good way for
competitors to tune up and prepare for HMH's VRRC in much the same way SCCA
racer's used to attend an important "National" event to prepare for the
ARRC.

    Doug Meis
    VDCA