SimpleSevens Spring(?!) Update

To: lotus@se7ens.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: SimpleSevens Spring(?!) Update
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
Well, it ought to be Spring here in Michigan, but
we've got rain mixed with sleet and 30-something
degrees F!

B1135 is back on the road though, with a nice new
quiet single row timing chain after patience failed me
while running down a source who had the duplex set I
wanted in stock! Thanks to all who offered help and
sources. I'll take the summer to find a set at a
reasonable price and be prepared to install it at the
fist sign of rattle.

Note to self: seek sponsorship for SimpleSevens in the
form of spare parts ;-)

But on to SimpleSevens!

I've gotten hold of Ted Byers, previous owner of my
own Seven and listed some fascinating (to me!)
information about the previous life of B1135 including
the twincam info recently mentioned on the list:
http://www.simplesevens.com/donohoe.htm

Paul Blouin sends information on his Seven, SB1788,
along with his knowledge of the production of Tom
Beauchamp's "Stake Rack" Seven... which I suppose
ought to be removed since being confirmed as not
having started life as a Lotus of any sort!
http://www.simplesevens.com/blouin.htm
http://www.simplesevens.com/beauchamp.htm

Then there are several Sevens for sale -- 5 in fact,
in a variety of specifications and prices, some new,
some "re-mentions" at owner request and some because I
don't remember if I mentioned them before!

Ted Schroeder (USA) 1966 S2 Cosworth 1500cc
http://www.simplesevens.com/schroeder.htm

Mark Terlecky (USA) 1964 S2 Cosworth 1500cc
http://www.simplesevens.com/terlecky.htm

John Buszard (Canada) 1962 S2 uprated to Twincam
http://www.simplesevens.com/buszard.htm
http://games.yahoo.com/