JE Pistons

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: JE Pistons
From: JAshburne@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:03:06 EDT
Over the winter, JE Pistons announced that a large (?) batch of new pistons
produced last year had defective machining in the oil control ring groove
area and that they would take them back and fix them.

A set of BMC A pistons that I bought was part of this "recall" and my shop on
the East Coast sent them and 2 other sets to JE in January.  Turnaround time
was expected to be 4-6 weeks, or no later than mid-March.

We still haven't gotten the pistons back yet and the company has missed many
promised delivery dates.  A well known West Coast shop also has been trying
unsuccessfully to get back several sets.

Needless to say, now that the season is well under way, its incredibly
frustrating to try to get JE Pistons to make good on their error and missed
delivery dates.  I understand that JE Pistons recently is under new ownership
but their attitude toward customer service so far is lacking.

Anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

John Ashburne
1959 Turner Mk1 BMC A