Re: Threaded tube

To: Michael Frank <mfrank@westnet.com>
Subject: Re: Threaded tube
From: Mark Haynes <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 07:01:11 -0600
Mike- Is the 3" the length, or the diameter? I hand tapped the ends of my rear
axle links with right and left hand taps, (7/16"-20), but if you're looking for
something with pre made internal threads, look at some turnbuckles which are
commercially available, they have both left and right hand internal threads,
plus
they're designed for tension, so they should be load rated. This means youcan
check whether they'll fail by calculating the moment of the car.
Mark Haynes
RMVR