Re: Wetting Down Nomex

To: RRyan@frk.com, MHKitchen@aol.com, racerbob70@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: Wetting Down Nomex
From: JAshburne@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:29:00 EDT
Others may have a more scientific answer, but it seems to me that if the
temperature on your nomex is hot enough to create steam (212 degrees F),
you're going to be burned anyway.  Now, really going out on a limb, the water
would be an additional material to be heated and actually might give you a
few additional seconds of protection compared to dry nomex.

John Ashburne
1983 400i 5 speed, silver/black