Re: driver cooling

To: "Christopher H. Kang,MD" <chkangmd@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: driver cooling
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 07:14:17 -0500
I think the discussion of wetting down or not wetting down race apparel has
been one of the most interesting topics on this forum for a very long time.
I'm not sure we've arrived at a definitive answer yet, but it surely (don't
call me "Shirley") has got plenty of us thinking.

I was in the process of buying a new race suit during all of this, and ended
up with a Pyrotect NASA suit. They claim its up to 25 degrees cooler than
the average suit. It also has a very flexible fabric around the bicep,
chest, and running down the side of the length of the legs. This makes is
the most comfortable suit I've ever tried on. (Note to all... make sure you
try and sit in driving position rather than standing up next time you're
fitting a new suit...) Usually, a suit wants to creep un in some areas, and
pull in others, and the flexible fabric in this suit seems less likely to do
so.

(Your mileage may vary...)

WST