Trailers

To: "Vintage Racing List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trailers
From: "Tom Phelan" <tomph@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:35:40 -0400
Hi All,

You have all been so helpful in the past and I value your suggestions  ...
so ...

I thought I'd poll the list here with a question on trailers. I've got a '67
Datsun roadster and was thinking about getting a small enclosed trailer to
haul it to events. I have an open single axle tilt bed right now.

The car is 13' long from tip to tail. I need to keep the size down so I can
keep it around the house and still leave room for the rest of the cars we
have in the family and also so the neighbors won't get all crazy about
having a big auto hauler in the neighborhood. I also thought that is would
be a good solution to freeing up one of my garage bays for other projects. I
thought a 16'x7' sounded like it might do the job. Don't need a lot of room
in the trailer for spares, tools, etc as the tow vehicle is a pickup with a
cap on it and all my junk goes in there.  Any thoughts or am I spinning my
wheels here.

Thanks again

Tom P