Re: Headrest Pads

To: vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headrest Pads
From: borrani@att.net
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:10:16 +0000
I just went through this.  I ended up cutting a nice 1/4" thick piece of
aluminum and then having a proper support made.  I will take the aluminum piece
in to an upholsterer to finish the job.  I had put some 3/4" closed cell foam
(same stuff I line my inner fender wells with) and glued it to the aluminum.  A
tech inspector said it was ok, but really preferred a LOT of padding there,
something thicker.
I almost considered a nice pad I saw for sale for sprint car drivers to pad the
steering wheel.  It was circular in shape and very well padded.

Cheers,

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
'65 Alfa Romeo GTA