Air Tanks

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Tanks
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:25:22 EST
A note on tanks - I've been using a diving tank for about 30 years now, and
it just keeps on passing it's hydrostatic test every 5 years (it was
manufactured in the 60s!).

At 2250 psi, it holds enough for several weekend sof inflating, and it isn't
likely to have any trouble with rust, as it has to get a visual test every
year and a hydro every 5, and the medically pure air supplied by a dive shop
is dry.

The only downside I can see is that if you somehow managed to knock the valve
off (and that takes REAL stupidity to accomplish), the tank would probably
stop after going through either one or two cars pitted beside you.........

Bill
(Oh yeah - downside #2 - don't let anyone use it that doesn't appreciate what
it is - tires inflated to 2000 psi tend to be rather loud, if briefly......)