Re: HANS and F1

To: derek@lola7.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net, varac@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: HANS and F1
From: JAshburne@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:03:26 EST
Just a guess, but might the extremely reclined position of F1 drivers, with
their feet often on the same level or higher than their hips, be causing
problems keeping the HANS device located properly?

I recall the Peter Windsor report on F1 HANS devices from Malaysia mentioned
that the angle of the device's rear support piece needed to be much different
than for other racing formats for that reason.

John Ashburne
1959 Turner Mk1