Re: lucas kill switch knob needed!

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lucas kill switch knob needed!
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:43:38 EDT
In a message dated 09/05/03 8:15:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:

>   i'd prefer to keep
> the original kill switch in the car as it's location is not condusive to
> mounting the newer type of switches with 2 screw style mounting.

I can look around for an old one, but mine might be the round knob style.

I went through two of these diabolical beasts before using a proper kill
switch. Both of the Lucas items managed to vibrate and make intermittent
contact, killing the engine in the middle of a race, then it would start up,
only to do the same thing over again.

I think I tossed the first one in the garbage, and I have a feeling that the
second one may have ended up about 200 feet West of the pits at Westwood
(normal tossing distance would have been 150 feet, but I was energised by
rage on the day......)

Bill