Re: Cheatin' Dog boxes (WOOF)

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cheatin' Dog boxes (WOOF)
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:09:52 EDT
Jack:

Yes, I'm familiar with the Rocket box, but unfortunately that is not the
correct box for my car and would likely not fly with groups like HMSA or CSRG.
Both have made grumblings about dog boxes although both have accepted them in
some cases.  None of these groups have accepted transmission swaps to my
knowledge (the Toyota or Datsun box, for example).

The Cortina 3-rail box (and the later 1-rail MkII variant) is what's in my
Cortina and is referred to as the Bullitt Box, I believe.  There are Quaiffe
dog-box versions of this available, which is essentially what I'm referring to.

Regards,
Myles