Re: Sprite Driveshaft in Lotus Seven Question

To: sevenamerica@yahoo.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprite Driveshaft in Lotus Seven Question
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:02:00 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/03 6:55:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
sevenamerica@yahoo.com writes:

> The orange cylindrical 'shroud' is connected to but
> rotates freely in relation to the yoke. There is just
> a bit of looseness in the connection between the two
> -- the shroud wobbles. I wonder if that's the source
> of a rattle I'm hearing from that area at low speeds
> and coasting to a stop.

The shroud should be solidly attached to the yoke, if it is the same as the
early MGA prop shaft.

You might try tack welding it to the yoke so it can't move and see if that
was the noise. Don't get to arc-happy when welding or you'll be throwing the
balance out.

Bill