NORPAC Vintage Series

To: pdxracer <pdxracer@egroups.com>,
Subject: NORPAC Vintage Series
From: Dave Franks <franks@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:23:15 -0700
The NORPAC SCCA Division Vintage Series held their first event over the
Memorial Day weekend at Pacific Raceways in Seattle WA. The entry fee
provided access to two practice sessions, a qualifying session and two Race
sessions. The weather was very good for Spring in the Northwest (no rain
with late morning sunshine).

It was my first time on the Seattle track and I was able to walk it the
night before my first practice session. Pacific Raceways is nestled in a
wonderful forested area and the back section of track is like driving a tree
lined highway to the coast, just with a bit more speed and some interesting
corner complexes. And yes, I did get to the point where I could take turn
one flat out. This is a fun track in a Sprite.

Based on the series first weekend I think the remaining four races of the
series will add up to a successful inaugural season. The next race in the
Series is the Oregon Regions Rose Cup over the June 13th weekend. This event
usually features one of Oregon Regions larger vintage grids and with the
addition of the NORPAC Series it may be even larger then usual.

The series is tallying points for a series championship but the points are
awarded in a slightly different manner to encourage participation over
cutthroat competition. 15 points are awarded for participating and one point
awarded for each race lap completed.

For more information on the NORPAC Vintage Series, including the current
points standing go to: http://oregonscca.com/vintage

Dave
franks@teleport.com
Sprite #82 Blue