Re: Vintage Spitfire Race Car

To: JLorenz@PerfectionCorp.com
Subject: Re: Vintage Spitfire Race Car
From: Bill McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:30:56 -0700
I have not seen anyone give you an answer, so here goes.
The chassis number, located on the side of the driver's side inner
fender, should be FC50001 or over, but less than FD1.
The engine for the Mark 2 (which is what yours should be) was the 1147
c.c., with a bore of 2.728" and a stroke of 2.992.
The horsepower varied, because some engines were high compression, and
some low.  Besides, I don't know what it was! Probably somewhere in the
50 - 70 hp range.  The Mark 2 came with a header, rather than an exhaust
manifold. I seem to remember that some of the early factory racing heads
came with 1 intake port per cylinder, rather than the usual siamesed
arrangement, with only two ports for the 4 cylinders (but I could be WAY
off base).  Those heads were really rare!
Hope this helps....
Bill McLeod