[Fwd: Fw: Where on the track Dick's incident happened]

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Fw: Where on the track Dick's incident happened]
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@localnet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:23:11 -0500
Here is the latest on Dick Buckingham.  Does not look good at all.  I
spoke with SOVREN's starter last night and he also said the same.
Larry Dent
From: "larry duffield" <l.duffield@comcast.net>
To: "Elna & Larry Duffield" <l.duffield@comcast.net>
Subject: Fw: Where on the track Dick's incident happened
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 02:10:06 -0800

Dear Friends -
There has only been a little news regarding Dick in the last two days.  I have
heard that he is breathing easier and is coughing some which helps to clear
his airway.  Judy and Susan are making plans to have him flown home sometime
next week. It takes quite a bit of planning to have him flown from New Zealand
to Seattle.  They will probably use a commercial airline since they have the
capacity to fly the distance without having to land multiple times for
re-fueling.   He will be at the U of W Hospital when he returns

There have been many rumors circulating about Dick's condition immediately
following the accident...as far as we have heard from Tom and Susan (Who have
talked with Judy daily), Dick was not conscious when the medics reached him
and he is in VERY serious condition.  To the best of our knowledge, he did not
suffer any fractures or other injuries.  The MRI did detect what has been
called "Global" brain damage...I am not sure exactly what that means but if I
find out I will let you know.   Also, he has not been flown to another
hospital in Australia.

Another SOVREN Racer, Joe Liebsack sent the following explanation of Dick's
accident and included the following track diagram.

Please keep both Judy and Dick in your prayers.

Sincerely, Elna Duffield

Dick was exiting the Castrol Curve (the track runs anticlockwise) - he spun to
the inside and struck a tire wall.

Timaru International Motor Raceway (Levels)

Circuit Owners:  South Canterbury Car Club Inc. PO

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
image001.gif]