weatherly hillclimb

To: "vintage-race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: weatherly hillclimb
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:58:55 -0400
well i would have rather been at VIR but the expense of the tow (fuel wise)
was a bit much for me right now.  i could have given evryone in small bore
group somebody to pass!  LOL!
so i chose to run the weatherly hillclimb with my 1960 saab.   it was a
great event finding myself in third place at the end of sunday.  but what
really shocked me was what i found out today!   my best time on the hill was
just under 2 seconds off my father's 1965 class record in touring2 in my
car's name sake!   this has me quite shocked!   i often gripe about the car
being slow, but after today's revelations i am beginning to believe my car
is actually "competitive" by the standards of that bygone era.
and 1 other thing.   i missed my father's birthday party on sunday.    he
has not chastised "the kid" for not making it to his party(yet).   but
somehow i think deep down he understood why i was not there.    if it were
not for his eyesight being compromised i get an uneasy feeling that in spite
of being in his 70's he'd still be driving in competition.    (and want to
drive "my car", and probably even after all the years that have passed,
drive it better than i do.)
chuck
1960 saab 93F sedan #251