comparative laps times

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: comparative laps times
From: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:41:55 -0400
Comparative lap times are hard...

I would think the ALMS cars would be WAY faster than the DP cars while a
properly driven 917/30 would be similar to the DP cars.

I look at VIR full course where Dyson can go as quick or quicker than Larry
Connor's F1 car (1:36.310) and the DP cars are ten seconds slower.

That said, Walt Bohren did a low 1:42 in the Intrepid GTP car and would go
quicker with more practice...

At Road Atlanta, the ALMS cars are as quick as Dayton's Indy car (and
Connor's F1 car) and only a trace off the absolute record. The course
configuration has changed so it's hard to say how it compares with the old
cars...

I'll have to do some research...

-Peter