RE: Roethel

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Roethel
From: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:30:45 -0400
I, and many others I'm sure, are sorry to hear of Dave Roethel's passing. He
was a wonderful man with a sonorous voice and a terrific recollection of
racing days gone by. I remember when he showed up at the Jefferson a decade
ago in his Plymouth Colt SSB car and, much to the chagrin of others on
track, proceeded to show them how it's done! He was proud to point out that
he had driven the car to the track and raced it just like the old days.

Chuck, I've been toting this Crosley crank and alloy pan around ALL YEAR,
looking for you. If you'll send me your address, I'd be glad to ship it to
you.

-Peter