Re: Carolina Motorsports Park

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carolina Motorsports Park
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 17:27:04 EST
HI,

I have driven my old 911 at CMP a few times and done pretty well there.

track map:

http://www.turn1motorsports.com/images/trackdiagrambig.jpg

Trickiest part for me was turn 1 - turn3, it just feels bad... maybe better to
be a little slow than a little too fast there? I guess you need to give up
some speed in T2 so you can accelerate through T3 but in a V you
may be flat out once through T1...

T4 you can carry a lot of speed in. But when you do, you will
need to slow a lot for T5.

T9 and 10 should not even think of lifting in a lower powered car.

T11 - T14 is like an autocross, really slow and no fun (between
gears for many people).

Track has POOR runoff areas, easy to get damage. The guy (Alan Wilson)
who designed this track and a bunch of others is not as
good as everyone thinks ;)

Have fun!

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike @ aol.com

'73 911RS Clone, '04 GT3 Supercup (sold), '07 GT3 cup coming

my racing pages - http://www.analogman.com/911

~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   guitar effects   www.analogman.com