2000-register

MK1 2000 brake calipers...

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: MK1 2000 brake calipers...
From: Mike Sharp <msharp@cynapps.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 15:48:10 -0800
Hi,

In the never ending quest to restore my MK1 I uncovered
some information that may be of use to you.  Than again,
maybe I'm the only one that doesn't already know this.

This past weekend I broke down the front suspension and
brakes for storage.  While doing this I pulled apart the
calipers and got them read for rebuilding.

After a quick look at some of my catalogs I discovered that
nobody seemed to have new caliper pistons available.  Well,
after a lot more searching I discovered that this caliper was
used on *every* MGB and is quite readily available.  I just
came back from my local MG shop where the casting #s
on the 2000 caliper exactly matched those on a salvaged
MGB part.  I also took the opportunity to compare the pads
and pistons -- they match up too.

See you local MG shop for front caliper parts that are
NLA through Triumph suppliers.

    --Mike