2000-register

breakdown cover

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: breakdown cover
From: "Sharon Patterson" <sapat@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 22:01:25 GMT
Hello everyone and a big thank you to all of you that replied to my email
for help in taking the 2500S to France.  I've rung round the places
suggested and found some interesting results which may be of some use to
someone else.  The AA wanted £70 for 5 days cover - as we are members they
already offer 72 hour free cover, so basically they wanted £70 for 2 days
extra cover.  The RAC quoted £40.....until I said that the car was over 11
years old to which they wanted a £57 surcharge bringing the cost to £97.
Getting a little worried I rung Norton Insurance (as suggested) and they
quoted £26 regardless of the age of the car.  No need to say where my
business is going, £61 is a lot of difference.
Regarding gearboxes - where are you and how far are you prepared to travel?
Sharon Patterson.