2000-register

MK1 restoration and Site updates...

To: 2000 register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: MK1 restoration and Site updates...
From: Mike Sharp <msharp@cynapps.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:21:35 -0700
Hi!,

First, my web site has been extensively updated.
http://www.decotorestorations.com now contains a lot
more 2000 restoration photos, some GT6 MK1 restoration
photos, and a large number of photos taken at VTR'00.
In the coming weeks I'll be adding another 30 or 40 pictures
from VTR'00.

[aside, we all know what a TR2/3/4/6/etc. looks like, so my
VTR'00 pictures concentrate on the more unusual and the
very high quality.  Kas Kastner's TR250K, '48(?) 2000 Roadster,
a very nice Standard 10, and other oddities.]

The MK1 restoration continues, but at a more relaxed pace.
The body shell is back from the bead blaster and awaiting
fitting of the new body pannels.
The engine is almost finished.  I've been held up by a severely
worn crankshaft nose (the harmonic balancer originally on
the engine wore it into an egg shape with about 0.015" of
metal missing in the worst spots!).
I've got a powder coater lined up to handle the peices too big
for my oven -- sway bar, front suspension cross member, rear
subframes, etc.

Finally, my freshly rebuilt early MK1 GT6 made it 1700+ miles
round trip to VTR'00!!  A few minor problems showed up, but
nothing that required roadside repair.   Though a few days
before the trip one of my float bowl valves stuck due to crud
in the gas and I had the joy of field stripping both carbs in
the parking lot at work.  (much to the delight of my fellow workers)

    --Mike