2000-register

Re: Anyone there?

To: "Davies William-qswi646" <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>,
Subject: Re: Anyone there?
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:54:45 -0000
>> Yes, I am here, but like you I wondered where everyone had
>> gone. I used
>> to get 2 or 3 letters a day, and any queries I posted resulted in a
>> flood of replies. Jonmac told me there was hardly anyone on the
list
>> now, so it wasn't a very good one for queries.
>As a former 2000 owner, I've subscribed to this list since day one.
By the
>time we got to own another 2000 last November and actually needed
some help,
>I'd not seen any traffic from this list for several months - I
assumed it
>had folded. I set up an eGroup for 2000/2500 owners, but that too has
very
>limited traffic, quite unlike the Herald eGroup which is thriving.
> Maybe everyone's car is just running fine?

Mark Bradakis sent me a listing of 2000 subscribers soon after I asked
him to open a list when I edited SIXappeal. There weren't all that
many subscribers at the time and I assumed this was mainly due to a
combination of a more limited number of cars owned by more elderly
people who may have been technically challenged by email - or just
didn't own a computer.
Perhaps the list has grown in the meantime?
Good for you William on the Herald eGroup. I'm about to put my
Standard Triumph ezine on the web. Does anyone want to go in the
address book to know where to find it. If so, send me your address
off-list so you can be notified of the URL.
My own PI will be on the road this year for the first time in 15
years, so I've got to work hard in building up a bank of material.
Come the summer, I guess I'll be out playing with it and won't have
any time or inclination to stay inside keyboarding.

Jonmac

///
///  2000-register@autox.team.net mailing list
///