2000-register

New initiative, new email list, new thrust...

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net, 2000-register@yahoogroups.com
Subject: New initiative, new email list, new thrust...
From: Asgeir Nesoen <asgeir.nesoen@hf.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:34:11 +0100
Hello, guys (and girls? :-).

Suddenly it came so clear to me, the autox lists are outdated in terms of
reliability, maintenance, service and looks. I can clearly see why the
traffic on the old autox has subseded to almost nothing at all, nothing
puts you off like posting a nice and elaborate mail on your current Triumph
project, and not getting as much as "Good luck" in return. I don't know if
this is due to the fact that your nice and elaborate mail never reached the
other members or the fact that the members of the list are negligent and
ignorant. I prefer to choose the former, naturally (hehe), because we need
a central resource for triumph owners. It is very clear to me that just the
20 people that regularly (albeit rarely) post to the old list are a
veritable plethora of useful information of these cars.

My hope is that we will get a new revival with a new and reliable list, and
that we can get more people in here so that it develops into the potent
resource it can be. More and more people have email these days, and it
would be very nice to get some of the older chaps in here, because so much
knowledge (and wisdom) is gathered up after 30 years of mechanical repairs.

So, I took the liberty of creating a new list on the yahoo list system. The
2000-Register group home page is:

The new lists email address is:
2000-register@yahoogroups.com

And to subscribe, you have to send an empty email (the content isn't
important at all, I get to read it however, as the owner and moderator of
the group) to:
2000-register-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

If you want to send an email directly to me, as the owner of the group, you
send an email to:

You can also choose to read the postings (and make postings yourself)
through a web browser instead of using your email address, but you'll have
to register at yahoogroups first.

I am more than happy to help anyone having trouble getting into this group,
and you can direct any question or obscure point to me directly:
asgeir.nesoen@hf.uio.no

The new email group/list  home web bage givres us the  opportunity to
gather data in a database (only imagination limits the possibilities here),
we can run polls (just for fun, I guess), we can run a calendar in there
with important triumph meeting dates and info.

Yours,

---Asgeir---

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.

Wonder what got this fellows knickers in such a knot?  In what way are the
lists unreliable?  If nobody posts, then no messages go out.  This is quite
a quiet list.  mjb.]

///
///  2000-register@autox.team.net mailing list
///