2000-register

engine out time!

Subject: engine out time!
From: "Dave W" <dw_triumph@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 20:31:58 +1200
Hi everyone,
Since I got the new intake set-up working quite well I thought I'd try
something else for a while so now I'm in the middle of getting the
engine/gearbox out! I would have had it out tonight but I ran out of time to
hire the lifter so I'll be tomorrow or saturday now. I've pulled all the
accessories (metering unit, alternator, manifolds, radiator etc) off,
disconnected all the overdrive wires, petrol pipes, and the chain is
shackled to the block mounts, all ready...
I'm going to do it the easier (?) way and lift the car up and drop them out
the bottom, then pull the whole lot out on trolley wheels which are bolted
to brackets under the engine and gearbox mounting. It sounds harder but I'd
rather do it this way than having to split them and then have to get the
'box out on it's own anytime.

I'll let you know how it goes, the hospital ER should have an internet
connection............

All the best

Dave W

///